Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

find data from another file

jameslheard

This topic is 7937 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

i am perfoming a search in one file and the data being used in this search is in another file. I could enter find mode then get a script to copy and paste the data across, however i would rather use set field but this does not seem to work.

I have set up a relationship between two fields which are always equal to 0 however when i try to set the fields to value from the other file while in find mode it does not seem to work. Can anyone help please.

James

You could do this: set up a constant relationship by creating a calc field in each file (the calc is simply the number 1) and using these fields as the keys on both sides. this relationship will relate all records to all other records. This is good.

Your process will be something like this: get the search data in the other file, then use Set Field [] to put this data into a global field in the main file. Your search data is now in where you want. In the main file, enter find mode then use Set Field [] to insert the global field data into the find request, then perform the find.

Make sure that neither the Enter Find Mode [] nor the Perform Find [] script steps have the "restore find requests" option selected.

This topic is 7937 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.