importing into a repeated field from excel

This topic is 8437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

How is it possible to import into a repeating field in a same record, from an excel spreadsheet or any other format?

I have a field that contains 30 repeating fields. I need from 30 different rows import that information to the repeating field.

I have tried, but know luck, just the first line get imported and nothing else, or on the other hand it crates 30 new records with just the first line of the repeating field being imported

[This message has been edited by Odysey_2000 (edited March 13, 2001).]

I have never been able to import into a repeating field. That doesn't mean it is impossible, but I have tried awful hard.

Line feeds just put line feeds in the first "row" of the repeater. Using the repeating field output separator (ASCII chr 29) doesn't do it either.

I re-designed my forms to not use repeating fields frown.gif. I guess another option is to use scripting to populate the repeating fields from a series of non-repeating fields after import, but then why would you need repeating fields? I don't know if you can fill a repeater from a script, either.

Sorry I am not much help. I share your pain, though. Maybe someone out there that is smarter than me has some hope they can offer in this area.

Michael

• Newbies

quote:

Originally posted by mikihasa:

I have never been able to import into a repeating field. That doesn't mean it is impossible, but I have tried awful hard.

Line feeds just put line feeds in the first "row" of the repeater. Using the repeating field output separator (ASCII chr 29) doesn't do it either.

I re-designed my forms to not use repeating fields
frown.gif
. I guess another option is to use scripting to populate the repeating fields from a series of non-repeating fields after import, but then why would you need repeating fields? I don't know if you can fill a repeater from a script, either.

Sorry I am not much help. I share your pain, though. Maybe someone out there that is smarter than me has some hope they can offer in this area.

Michael

Thanks anyway. I appreciate your help. I know that importing to a repeating field is not the way to go, but trust me I really need it

This topic is 8437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.