Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Spell Checking under Terminal Services

Matt Klein

This topic is 7372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a customer who has decided to deploy my FileMaker solution using Terminal Services. So far everything is going well except for the spell checker in FileMaker. I can't get it to add words to the User Dictionary when the user clicks on the Learn button. I verified that the dictionary is selected and the the Learn button is available in the Spell Check dialog box. It just won't add words to the dictionary.

Any words of wisdom?

It probably has something to do with Terminal Server user profiles. All applications certified to run under Terminal Services should save user specific information to each user's profile assuming the user profiles are configured correctly. You didn't say which version of FileMaker you are serving via Terminal Server. User.upr appears to be the default dictionary file where words are "learned" and stored. You either need to have a copy of that file in each user's terminal server profile or else create custom ones for each profile, but I'm not sure if you can do that.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same issue. I think it's bigger. FileMaker client is on the server. It's locating the User.upr file or you wouldn't have the "Learn" option. I just launched terminal services typed in a nonsense word, checked spelling, and added the word to the user dictionary. I checked the layout again and the newly added word came up again as an error. I opened the user dictionary and manually entered the word, saved changes, and then reopened the user dictionary. The word was not there!

This topic is 7372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.