Mac OSX Email and FileMaker 6.0 Mail Script?

HonkyCat

This topic is 7762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have heard that FileMaker 5.5 cannot use the "send mail" script with any email program OTHER THAN Eudora. Is this true for FileMaker 6.0?

Previously our office used the "send mail" script from FM 5.5 with Eudroa (and OS 9) and it always worked beautifully! However, now that some of us have switched to Mac OSX and are using its built in email program (along with FileMaker 6.0), our "send mail" scripts don't work very well. Some problems have been with emails not getting sent at all, A LOT of returned mail (MUCH more than normal), when sending the email or emails, it will give a warning that you are trying to send a script and are you sure you really want to do this (for EVERY SINGLE EMAIL it's trying to send). Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks in advance!

Kristine

I am using OS 10.2.4 and FileMaker 6 and I can get the email script to work, but you have to do it twice.

the first time without any parameters, which is to make sure that the Mail app is open, then have a pause of three seconds, then send the real email script.

This always works for me, if I don't have the first script step and then the pause, then it doesn't send the email, just opens the mail app with no email.

This topic is 7762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.