Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPro crashes on Graphite iMac

JerryC

This topic is 7709 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OSX 10.2.4; FMPro 6.04; I've installed it 2wice. I've run a Disk Utilities, Repair, repair Permissions, fsck, etc.

Yet when I open a FMPro shared database being server from a FMPro server it open fine. I do a search for a particular record; it finds it fine. But if I select "Print" it begins the script, starts to change layouts and crashes ("Unexpectedly quit"). I've repeated this as root as well as another user.

It is not able to be replicated on other stations. Is this a FMPro issue or a Mac issue? Sounds like FMPro to me??

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have no problem with the layout, records or software on any other CPU. I did notice one thing that was weird. It appeared that the fonts were not available in the iMac that were required by the layouts. I therefore installed all the necessary fonts but cannot get to a screen where they matter without FMPro crashes.

I assumed it may be a memory issue, but OSX doesn't allow/require a bump in the application memory like OS9 used to...

Ideas??

Thanks in advance

it's crashing at the script going to Preview... However, the printer (default) is an HP 4000, with the current Mac OSX drivers. As far as I know, it's the most current driver (I'll check regardless). There is 32gb available on the HD and it has 512 mb RAM...

I have another Graphite iMac with less RAM and tried the same thing. It opened with no problem. It appears that the one I'm having difficulties with has had many additional fonts installed.

I'll reply with my findings if that solves the problem.

I do appreciate everyone's assistance.

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

We had problems with certain layouts when we migrated from OS9 to OSX. It was related to OS9 fonts. When we re-made the layouts from scratch, there was no problem printing.

I think we were also able to use existing layouts and change fonts. Try that. Note, however, that OS9 fonts are available to OS X apps so you have to pick X-native ones (although I don't know why and would normally say it shouldn't matter).

Don't know if this will help or even still is applicable. However, while I was still at OS 10.1 and FMP 5.5, I had font substitution problems on some layouts of databases that were originally created under OS9 or earlier. When I went looking to see if possibly the required fonts were not installed in OSX, via the help file, I learned that one can store fonts practically anywhere in OSX. However, my first idea for problem resolution was to move the needed fonts which had installed in Users/Library/Fonts over to the main Fonts folder at Library/Fonts. The substitution problem disappeared immediately. I didn't experience any crashes, so I don't know if this would help or not. (Also on a Graphite iMac.)

This topic is 7709 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.