Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Trouble in form running FileMaker via Citrix

alex_insley

This topic is 7737 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are currently using FileMaker Pro 5.0v3 over Citrix Metaframe XP. In one of the forms, we have a button set up to run a script (Open URL) when it is clicked. It actually opens a folder on the network (e.g., servernamefolderfolder).

If you were to use this feature running FileMaker directly from your computer, there is no problem and the folder opens right up.

If you try this while running FileMaker via a Citrix session, you get the following errors (see the Word doc attached for screenshots)???

1) ICA Seamless Host Agent: You have started Windows Explorer in your ICA seamless session. This will obscure your local Explorer desktop. To re-enable this ICA seamless connection, please logoff and restart the seamless remote application

2) cannot find the file '/idlist,:0:9956,<server name>publicproduct' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all libraries are available

I click OK on these and now my desktop has been replaced by a Citrix desktop (aka: Program Neighborhood). If I click on the button open the folder now, it works fine but my desktop is now obscured by the Citrix one which I have to close to get to my own.

Does anyone know of this issue and/or any way around it? I am not in a position to upgrade our software (or I would, the website states the 5.5 and 6.0 are supported in Citrix) at this time so that is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

filemaker-mcasson-20030221.zip

This topic is 7737 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.