Changing the system date

This topic is 7745 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a scheduling system which the client has suddenly decided needs to be altered in a major way. Looking for a workaround, I thought that I could solve the problem if I could AppleScript a way to change the system's date. However, I can't find a way to do that. Is it possible to script a date change? I can find the date, but can't find a way to modify it.

Thanks

Stanley

To be more specific:

This is a medium-sized networked environment. Part of what the system does is to schedule workflow for the factory floor. The client has suddenly decided that he wants to schedule things more than a week in advance, but the design of the database means that this is going to be a monster headache (the scheduler is very complex & I'd have to create about sixty portals, their relevant layouts, etc.)

What I was hoping to do instead was to trick the scheduling computer into believing it was a different day (i.e., a week in advance) when the client wants to schedule ahead. This way, the db can stay the exact same. In order to get this to work, I would have to AppleScript the date change. I showed the client how to do it manually (this is in OS9) and he said it was too complicated, which I agree with.

So, is there a way to script a date-change in the finder? I can't find one. All I want to do is change the current system date, so that all the variables in my db which are based on Status(currentdate) change.

So I guess what I'm asking is if the Date&Time control panel in OS9 (or in OSX - if I have to upgrade the machine, I will) is AppleScriptable.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

-Stanley

This topic is 7745 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.