Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Writing plugins without CodeWarrior

This topic is 7716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey - I just talked to the folks at FileMaker and I couldn't get any information on how to build the FileMaker plugin using ProjectBuilder or gcc.

I'm using FileMaker Developer 6.0 and I don't want to have to purchase CodeWarrior.

Can someone convert the example plugin project in FileMaker developer 6 using the instructions at Converting CodeWarrior to ProjectBuilder?

My email address is [email protected] - any other kind of advice on this would be appreciated.

vic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I'm pretty sure you need to full version of CodeWarrior to do this. I wanted to write some BBEdit plug-ins and tried the same thing. The "learning" edition doesn't support building code fragments, only standalone apps. I'm sure the link you provided talks about how PB doesn't support that, either. FileMaker plug-ins use this same concept.

Fortunately, I live by a college and just graduated, so I went to the computer store there and picked it up for $120 (saved $280). They didn't ID me or anything, so, if possible, you could always try something like that, I guess.

Good luck.

This topic is 7716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.