Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting found set as e-mail

This topic is 8215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am writing a simple log book of operations for 250 surgical trainees in Aus. I am needing some advice on the best way at the end of each 6 months, each trainee could e-mail their data to the supervising body. I know how to save a found set as a fmp file or .csv file etc, but was wondering if there was anyway to simply have the found set exported to an e-mail message eith the push of a button, without having to save it first and add it as an attatchment to an e-mail message.

Would appreciate any advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Dear Richard,

Small world. Exporting results data attached to an email is fairly straightforward. The easiest way I have found is to write a small script in Script maker that first exports the data to a file in a suitable format ie csv. Then just use the send mail script command in Miscellaneous to send. The specify button brings up a box with all the necessary questions. You could then attach this to a button or run from the menu bar

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Richard

ps the number of times poeple have spelt my name as yours as they did not hear properly over the phone smile.gif" border="0

This topic is 8215 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.