Import Data Crash

This topic is 8184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Mac OS 9.2: Filemaker Pro 5.5 crashes when I Import data from an Excel worksheet (Office 2001) .

All goes well in setting up the fields to Import but when I scroll through multiple records using the Scan Data buttons, the program _and_ System lock up. I have to use a hard reboot and the FM file is then found to be damaged. The Recover command works fine but of course all the Import orders are unsaved. This can be very time consuming.

Importing _without_ scanning data will normally work fine!

Can anyone help shed some light?

quote:

Originally posted by chrissand:

Mac OS 9.2: Filemaker Pro 5.5 crashes when I Import data from an Excel worksheet (Office 2001) .

All goes well in setting up the fields to Import but when I scroll through multiple records using the Scan Data buttons, the program _and_ System lock up. I have to use a hard reboot and the FM file is then found to be damaged. The Recover command works fine but of course all the Import orders are unsaved. This can be very time consuming.

Importing _without_ scanning data will normally work fine!

Can anyone help shed some light?

I experienced a very similar problem with FMP5.0 and Excel 2001 spreadsheets. I think I even posted it somewhere on FMForums. As I recall, it would indicate a strange number of records to import, i.e. not the same as the actual number of records. Using the Import script step [no dialog] would freeze the machine. Importing from the menu would work fine.

I don't think my solution will help you much, though -- I ended up saving the Excel spreadsheet as tab-delimited text and using that instead! smile.gif" border="0

This topic is 8184 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.