Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM-Excel with OSx

JamesW

This topic is 7684 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to get Excel to access data in an FM database via ODBC. Both the applications are on the same machine, no network, no server. In OS9 this was possible & easy using Intersolve ODBC drivers supplied by FM.

In OSX it seems less straightforward. The DataDirect text driver supplied in the FM6 installation has no info as to how it should be configured,and using this alone (with its corresponding configuration app) Excel does not recognise that ODBC is even installed.....

Howerer, using Openlink's dirvers (and configuration app) I can get Excel to recognise ODBC, open Query and request a DSN. Problem is how to configure the driver, be it either a generic one supplied by Openlink or the Text driver supplied by FM. The latter needs choice of "key" and "value" (eh?), and using the Openlink config app a username and password are requested when an ODBC connection is attempted, neither of which have been set for anything on the machine (incl the FM database).

Either I am trying to do something impossible or I am on the wrong track. I definitely want to use ODBC as the built in FM/Excel link imports the data into the spreadsheet and I am using too many big databases to make this practicable.

Anyone know how to configure this set up?

This topic is 7684 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.