Server Maintenance This Week. ×

problem with shared database

This topic is 7631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

The specs: Filemaker 4.1 database is being shared on Macs & PCs. The file is being hosted on a Mac and has been working fine for years. Lately, one user on a Mac OS 9.0 machine experiences dimming with some of her text when she opens the shared database. This problem does not happen with any other user who access the database from their machines. This user will see some of the text fine, but other pieces, within the same field for example, will have the text dimmed and other words will display fine. If she increases the zoom, or if she prints the record, the text and fonts are fine. She only experiences this problem with this one shared database. Other databases on her machine or hosted from other machines appear without error. On the Filemaker side, I have tried trashing the filemaker preferences, verifying the network protocol matches (macipx), and changing the network protocol to tcpip.Having the host of this database restart the database. Nothing helps.

For Mac troubleshooting, I have tried zapping the p-ram, running Norton Utilities, increasing memory allocated to Filemaker, verifying that existing system memory is adequate, troubleshooting the fonts for conflicts - nothing helped here as well. It seems that my only other options are to try an OS or Filemaker upgrade (the latter is not really an option at this point due to $$) Has anyone experienced this type of problem before? Does filemaker have a separate fonts settings file that is not kept in the preferences file in the system folder on a Mac? Thanks for your help!

Is the person running FMP 4.1v3, the last version? That'd be the first thong I'd check on.

I'd also check they were using 9.0.4 if they are using MacOS 9.0.

This topic is 7631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.