Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Losing 1 row of labels per printed page?!?!

olddoc

This topic is 7619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Using WinXP FMP6v2 and either a Lexmark laser printer or an HP inkjet I lose 1 row of entries when I print labels. I am trying to print 3 columns and 10 rows per page. I get a page with 10 rows but page 2 comes out *after* skipping a row of 3 entries! i.e. the first page has entries 1-30 then the second page has 34-64. Either printer is set up fine for any other apps. They print to the bottom of the page if needed.

Hi olddoc,

This sounds like your page setup is not right.

The difference in length between European A4 and US letter is something like 2,5 cm, which is slightly less then 1 of you rows...

Does everything look alright in Preview mode?

Regards,

Ernst.

I bet the body part has had the options to "break part across page" and "discard remainder" set. Double-click the body part icon thingy in layout mode to view the options.

• Newbies

Vaughan--

Thanks mate but it didn't work.

Under the body part under layout there were no options checked. I even manually tried to set the page break after 30 occurences but it still didn't get me to have 30 labels on a page and have page 2 start with the 31st entry.

Maybe there is some kind of flaw in the script file that was set up for label printing??

I love Sydney. Been there a few times from Pennsylvania USA.

hi,

are you choosing a label or using custom measurements? if you are choosing a label, try custom measurements. if you are using custom measurements, make sure you put in all the measurements, including the fixed page margins. if you are adding the fields to the layout, rather than in the layouts wizard, make sure none of them are touching the edge of the bottom of the page.

cheers,

jd.

This topic is 7619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.