Update date

This topic is 7610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This must be a common problem, but I don't quite know where to look.

I create lists of our members whose memberships have expired. I do this on an irregular schedule. I want to log this date (manually is fine, since it may actually take several days). I would like to keep a record of all these dates.

I also want to do calculations based on the latest (or next to latest) date. For example, all members who have gone deliquent since last updating. (But to be safe I'd probably want to enter the current date in before I create the list to make sure I don't forget).

I tried creating a global variable in the main database. I then created a related database with two fields. A sequence number and the date. I then tried bringing the dates into the main database with a portal. I was able to create a portal, but nothing shows up. I'm not too familar with global records nor portals for that matter.

Must be tutorial or something on this. I have the Schwartz book, but can't figure out where to look.

Thanks for any help.

In the main database, a global variable named "ListDate." This was meant to be the variable to display in the main database.

The secondary database has two fields. A sequence number (not sure if needed) and a date. 1 is 3/26/2003, 2 is 5/1/2003, and 3 is 6/13/2003.

"ListDate" is related to "List Date" in the secondary database.

Thanks Paul

MBT,

Can you explain what you want to do a bit more in detail?

If you're trying to subtract "date of expiration" from "current date", just make:

"current date" => Today, calculated field, date

"date of expiration" => manually entered, date

"Difference" => Current Date - Date of Expiration, calculated field, number

This will give you the difference in days.

This topic is 7610 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.