Jumbled Script Printing ... win2000

This topic is 7612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Perhaps someone her can help me with an oddity...

Every morning I run say... 12 'report' scripts (some with multi print copies via duplicating the print script set)

This from fmp6 over a win 2000 network printer...

Oddly, They don't run in order AND I even see 3 reports from script one AND the other 2 reports from script one later in stack.

IT doesn't actually MIX one report into another... BUT just the copies OF the reports...

anyone else terrorized by this?

Fritz

Each duplicated print step is a separate job as far as the print driver is concerned, so it's possible that other user's print output could become "mixed in" with yours.

Why their order changes I don;t know. Perhaps the printer driver is playing games with you?

This may be an OS-level issue rather than a FMP issue, though I'd be checking that the printing script *really is* doing what you think (expect) it is meant to be doing.

Thanks for the reply Vaughan...

There is no mixing from other users... and you may be right, it may be an OS/print driver issue... I am experimenting with pauses in the scripts...

The reason I use multiple print commands (for number of copies) in a single script, is because I can quicky add or remove the print qty.

I will contine to shed on this..

Fritz

This topic is 7612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.