Passing data thru external script

This topic is 7606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to repair an existing set of scripts. Here is what I have. On one computer the script looks for a file being ftp'd in. It imports the .dat file into a small db containing just the SSN which is all that is in the dat file. It then does a COPY command on that field. Next it calls an external script from the main server. In that script it PASTES into a page in FIND mode, then tells it to export the data. This has stopped working with the latest round of security patches.

So what I am trying to figure out is another way to pass the data back and forth. How can I tell a remote script to insert specified data into a field and do a find on it and then pass the resulting data back?

Oh and this is FM 3.0. Basically this is an interface between FM and another antiquated system that can't talk to FM directly.

Another method is to pass the data via a relationship. In your main db create two fields, a global field of the same type as the field the SSN is in and name it gFind_Criteria. Then create a calc field named rConstant=number= 1. Then create a script:

Enter Find Mode[]

Set Field["SSN","gFind_Criteria"]

Perform Find[]

Make sure to deselect Restore Find Requests

In the file that you import the .dat file into, create a calc field named rConstant=number= 1. Create a relationship from this file to your main file matching rConstant on both sides. Then create a script:

Set Field["relationshipname::gFind_Criteria","SSN"]

Perform Script[subscripts,External:MainFile.fp3,FindScript]

This will place the value in the SSN field of the current record into the gFind_Criteria field in the main db, then execute the find script in the main db.

This is a good solution, as long as both dbs are on the same server. I am having the problem that the file doing the importing is on one server and the one doing the lookups is on another.

This script USED to work. Then we installed the latest and greatest windows security patches and now it won't pass data between servers for filemaker.

Any further insight on this problem?

Now there is a non-doable solution. I'm working on a gov't contract and if I remove a patch, I remove my job. They scan the entire network for these patches on a weekly basis. Gotta have them.

Actually I'm leaning more towards moving the whole shooting match onto the main server.

This topic is 7606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.