exporting containers(jpgs)

This topic is 8489 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

A department in my company is using a video tape logging software product based in FM. Each entry has an assorted number of text/number fields and a container with a jpeg that is capture from the video tape. nothing too special here. The problem I am running into is that they want to export the material to post on a web site. For a number of reasons, I am hesitant to put the DB out there live using the web companion plug-in. It does work and will post the pictures and data. I would really prefer a static page. The export records option with the HTML table will not export containers, so I lose the jpg. Is there any way to create static web pages that will contain the jpgs form the DB? TIA

The only thing I can think of is to copy the picture from the container field and then paste it into a HTML page layout or an image processing application. You can use a script for the copy part but you'd need a plug in to automatically paste it into another application.

Why not clone the FMP database, strip out all the unnecessary fields and data, then share it on the web with Web Companion... with a little extra work scripts could be make to update the "site" by importing new material from the main (unshared) database.

This topic is 8489 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.