Where to begin? Ohio curriculum XML file

johnmci

This topic is 7628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The state of Ohio (like almost EVERY state) has their very own "Academic Content Standards" for the different subject areas. For years, I've wrestled with parsing their Word versions into usable FileMaker files. Finally, the state has published them in XML format. It would seem trivial to load the files into FileMaker and have them ready to go. Well...no such luck.

There are several files available (depending on the subject) but they all give a variation of the following error:

XML parsing error:

Unknown element 'indicator_statement'

Line Number: 8311

Column Number: 29

I've opened each of these files in XML Spy, snooped around where the error is SUPPOSED to be, and can find nothing obviously wrong with them. I've deleted the offending area but just get the same error message specifying a different location. I've got the correct DTD and XML Spy does it's validation and says everything's A-OK.

Generally, I'm pretty good at tracking down dirty data but I'm at a loss about how to proceed from this point. Does anyone have even a minor suggestion? Thanks!

BTW, in case anyone's interested, here's the link to the XML files:

http://ims.ode.state.oh.us/ODE/IMS/RRT/Resources/Default.asp

Select "English Language Arts", "Mathematics", "Science", or "Social Studies", then scroll down a bit for the links to download the XML and DTD files.

John McInerney

Sycamore Community Schools

This topic is 7628 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.