Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Why can't see internally hosted DB's

This topic is 7589 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Using FM 5.5v2 client on small network. One database setup as multi-user TCP/IP hosted on one Mac running OS 10.2.6. IP address set to a valid manual address. None of the other computers (PC's & Macs), all with FM 5.5v2, on the network can't see it being hosted.

Acting like port 5003 is blocked, but this is internal to the network.

Not able to find the router in the time that I had there. Not accessible via web interface. Was told the router is 5-10 years old, but no one knows how to configure it, the password, or even where it's located physically. But that may not be where the problem lies, so I don't know if I should even bark up that tree.

As a quick test, I tried running a port scan using OS X's Network Utility from another Mac pointing to the host Mac, but it didn't show Port 5003 being open. Perhaps it's not a valid to test to run a port scan on a Mac (as opposed to a router)?

Is it possible for a router to block a port internal to the network?

If all machines are on the same side of the router, then I'd be surprised if the router is causing problems. Make sure all computers are on the same subnet though. And make sure that all client copies of Filemaker are configured for TCP/IP.

Hi

Sounds as though it might be having problems with the firewall software on the Mac. check the configuration of that and ensure that it allows traffic through on port 5003. Look in System Preferences under sharing...

hth

Ian

This topic is 7589 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.