Help newbie please. Search & sort 7 days script

This topic is 8654 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I wish to create a script that will sort and display (view) next seven days ,(including today), from a Job Scheduler database I have created. I just do not know enough about formula & calculations. I use a date field in the database and I already use that to view current and today views. Just need the next seven day view and I do not need to be as complicated as a week view but it would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I did a calendar database that used a function like this. basically you need to...

Give each "event" a number based on their day of year (use the DayofYear function) it will be 1 to 366.

To generate the weekly display for today, do a find for events that match "DayofYear(Today) to (DayofYear(Today+7)"

Display the resulting records appropriately.

Problems you need to work around:

Near the end of the year (Today+7) will make a number bigger than 366. Make a function that sorts this out.

There might not be any events found for the week, so the find will be empty or less than 7 records. I got around this by making a database with 366 records, and elating it to the actual events database. hat way the search always finds seven records, some of them will not display any related events.

This topic is 8654 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.