Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Mac to Windows XP-HE causes FM Dev to close(crash)

JohnnyB

This topic is 7568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I created a group of related files on my mac and have now ported them over to a PC I just bought (specifically for porting these things over). One of the files causes the error message "Filemaker Pro Developer.EXE has developed a problem and needs to close." but only if I open it through the related file. If I open it directly it's fine. If I run the program from my mac, it all works perfect. I have another relational file that also works fine from both PC and Mac. Recovering the file doesn't do the trick. Any ideas? confused.gif

• Newbies

Yea. Several times. I've done some more testing and it seems to be coming from anything that looks at the base equipment list. This system of files is for setting up and tracking Audio/Visual equipment for conventions. It tracks equipment used for each session, then tallys up equipment used per each room during each day of the convention, giving you totals in several different ways. The base equipment list is where each peice of gear is originally listed. I tried erasing all the data in this file, then recovering it, then cloning it, then typing back in a few test entries. Any file that looks at this file first shuts down filemaker, then the next time you try it, it's damaged and need to be recovered and cloned again. It's taking forever to troubleshoot because of all the time resetting the imports, exports and relationships after each clone.

This topic is 7568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.