HELP ME! FileMaker Pagination

This topic is 8631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I use FileMakerPro 5 for a database which contains articles. Some articles are pretty long so each article use up more than one page. At my "Preview" view , those long articles will be cut off since it can't fit into one page. And on the next page, instead of the continuation of the record, it will contain the next record. Can FileMakerPro print part of the article all the way to the bottom of the page and the rest on the next page (i.e if it's in MS Word, we can do a "Page Break")?

I really appreciate your help if you can answer these questions or post it on the FileMaker forum at Yahoo! I really need someone's help on this.

• Newbies

You can do it by defining a template that's longer than one page and spreading the text field across page boundaries - but. There's no guarantee that page boundaries won't fall right in the middle of a line: in FMpro 3 and 4, the rest of that line appears at the top of the next page, which may make it illegible. In FMpro 5, the split line is reprinted whole - better, but not ideal. And don't forget to set "reduce the size" in the Sliding/Printing sub-menu of Format, else you'll end uf with a wealth of blank pages.

This topic is 8631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.