Server Maintenance This Week. ×

stop a script from running

This topic is 8618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i think i screwed up on writing scripts in a file. Now the file is not letting me exit (unless I close the application all together). I can't go to Scriptmaker (since it's not available anymore). The script seems to be looping indefinitely. I tried pressing "Escape", and didn't work.How can I go back to file and delete all those scripts?

quote:

Originally posted by caseyi:

i think i screwed up on writing scripts in a file. Now the file is not letting me exit (unless I close the application all together). I can't go to Scriptmaker (since it's not available anymore). The script seems to be looping indefinitely. I tried pressing "Escape", and didn't work.How can I go back to file and delete all those scripts?

You need to have the master password. It sounds like you set up the file to automatically use a less than total password when it's opened. Try opening the file while holding down the option key on the Mac or the shift key on Windows. You should be presented with a dialog asking for a password. Enter the master password, and you should be able to open ScriptMaker to delete or edit the scripts.

Chuck

unfortunately, the script is "related" to the password. The script is supposed to ask for the password (inc master password), then opens up certain records....etc. So every time I open the file, it did ask for a password, and when I put it in, the script continues looping....etc. but I'll try your suggestion and see if it works...

quote:

Originally posted by caseyi:

unfortunately, the script is "related" to the password. The script is supposed to ask for the password (inc master password), then opens up certain records....etc. So every time I open the file, it did ask for a password, and when I put it in, the script continues looping....etc. but I'll try your suggestion and see if it works...

It sounds like there might be a custom password scheme built into the file, in addition to FileMaker's built-in password structure. FileMaker's password structure, if it asks for a password at all, will only be when the file is opened, either by double-clicking it, choosing Open from the File menu, running a script that opens it or going to a layout with related fields from it. If you are clicking a button and being asked for a password and another file isn't opening, then this isn't FileMaker's password scheme.

Chuck

This topic is 8618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.