Value List and Script

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am attempting to have a script be called as son as a value as been chosen from a value list.

Can it be done?

using FMP 5, windows

ex : I choose from a list containing customer names and IDs, and as soon as one is selected I want a script to copy all teh data from that customer into the fileds.

(customer data is in a separate file, I know how to make teh list, and the script, but not how to get teh script be called as soon as a value from the listr as been chosen)

quote:

Originally posted by Vempyre:

I am attempting to have a script be called as son as a value as been chosen from a value list.

Can it be done?

using FMP 5, windows

ex : I choose from a list containing customer names and IDs, and as soon as one is selected I want a script to copy all teh data from that customer into the fileds.

(customer data is in a separate file, I know how to make teh list, and the script, but not how to get teh script be called as soon as a value from the listr as been chosen)

I can think of two ways to do this.

The first is to use a relationship based on the value in the menu. The menu is set to a global field related to the information you want to show. When it has a valid value, you will be able to see the related information.

However, it isn't a copy of the related information. It's the original data.

A second way to do this would be to enter a script that checks the value of the field with the popup, and sets this value to a global field. The script loops through, perhaps pausing for a half second or so, and each time checks to see if the value in the field is still the same as that in the global. If it isn't, then the loop exists and performs the steps you want.

Chuck

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.