ProPrint plugin error

stanley

This topic is 6887 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, so the clent ended up opting for ProPrint from Afeina as a way to switch between printers on one Win98 box (FM 5.5, running off FMServer) and now one printer almost always throws this strange "cyclical redundancy error" from the print folder. I'm a Mac guy, not a Windows guy, so I may be missing something obvious, but it seems that the error is in ProPrint and/or FileMaker, as the printer works fine in any other setting, and printing from the File menu works, too.

Any suggestions?

-Stanley

• 1 year later...

I agree. In the end I just set up a second computer for the second printer. Lousy solution, but it works.

-Stanley

• 1 month later...

Yeah... Get rid of ProPrint! Afeina's software is complete crap.

I have to disagree here. I use Afeina's ProPrint along with its AfFiler app to automatically create PDFs in at least 20 customer sites and it works great.

I would rather use plug-ins instead of external apps, but ProPrint is the most reasonably priced printer swithcer available and no one has a plug-in that can create a PDF directly from inside FileMaker. All the PDF plug-ins I have seen will only create PDFs of files that reside on your computer.

That's my two cents.

This topic is 6887 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.