Server Maintenance This Week. ×

switching back and forth between mac and pc

peg

This topic is 7529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a fmp.5 db that was developed and currently exclusively used on a mac. I have recently purchased a jump drive, so I can carry my db back and forth from home to work. I currently have a mac at work and a pc at home (I also have a mac, but the pc is in a better location in the house, so if the answer to my question is no, I'll survive!). Will I be able to go back and forth between my mac and my pc without damaging the db?

You should also beware of any AppleScript calls in your scripts - they won't work on the PC either. Otherwise, booboo is right. FileMaker is truly cross-platform and no harm comes from switching a db back and forth.

-Stanley

• 2 weeks later...

We used to use FileMaker predominantly on Macs but have in recent months have started using Citrix and with it FileMaker on Windows. We are having problems with printing - the fonts for Mac and PC differ slightly and output from the 2 platforms is subsequently different too. You may want to consider this. If anyone has ideas on resolving the font issue please let me know.

Regards,

Dave.

This topic is 7529 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.