instant email address

This topic is 8601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

quote:

Originally posted by sboard0599:

I am trying to write a simple script or calculation that will match an CSR's name with her email address. i want to choose her name from a list and then have her email appear in another field. I have entered all of their names in one value list and entered all of their email addresses in another. I am trying to write a calculation (if csr name =xxx, then email [email protected]). I cannot get this to work. Any ideas for me?

It sounds like you need to have a file dedicated to people which has fields for their name and their email address.

To get what you want done, it would have to have at least two fields: Name, Email_Address.

Fill in the data for each person in a new record.

Then go back to your file in which you want to have the email address fill in. Create a relationship between the name field of this file and the name field of the people file.

On the layout, click the name field, and choose "Field Format" from the "Format" menu. Click the radio button next to pop-up list and for "using value list" choose "Define Value Lists." Type in the word "Names" and click "Create" Click the radio button for "Use values from a field:" and in the Specify Field dialog that comes up, click "Specify File" and find your people file. Select the name field in the list on the left. Then click "OK", "Save", "Done" and "OK", backing out of the dialog boxes.

Now, place the related Email_Address field on your layout.

Now whenever you choose a name from the Name field list, the email address will be filled in.

Chuck

I am trying to write a simple script or calculation that will match an CSR's name with her email address. i want to choose her name from a list and then have her email appear in another field. I have entered all of their names in one value list and entered all of their email addresses in another. I am trying to write a calculation (if csr name =xxx, then email [email protected]). I cannot get this to work. Any ideas for me?

This topic is 8601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.