Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 5.5 and 10.2.7

ShawnR

This topic is 7528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone else had a problem with FM 5.5 and System 10.2.7? I have a networked solution that has been running fine and continues to run fine on 10.2.6. However I just got 3 new 17 inch 1.25GHz iMacs, that have 10.2.7 on them. When you launch FM 5.5 from the dock, select our "Opener" file, FM will quit when the opener opens other files. Happens EVER time when launched from the Dock. It will happen about 50% of the time if you launch the application from it's folder. This only happens on the 10.2.7 machines....

Hi ShawnR:

It's a real bug.

I've been having the exact same problem on some older G3 machines (iMacs, Blue/White G3s, etc) running 10.2.6, and the problem has persisted for several months, despite whatever variations I've thrown at it. However, what I've noticed is that about half the time it craps out on the first throw; when that happens, it works the second time around pretty much 100%. Strange behavior, and I never bothered to report it, because the users have all just adjusted to it (though they are not happy.)

I had hoped 10.2.7 would solve the problem, but obviously that's not the case. Strangely, the same setup on my G3 laptop (running 10.2.6 & 5.5 as well) never exhibits this behavior at all.

-Stanley

I'd be interested (and surprised) to see if it makes any difference. I don't think it's a problem with the OS; I think it's a problem with FileMaker.

But that's just my ignorant opinion.

-Stanley

I just upgraded to the 10.2.8 and still have the same problem. It had not been happening on the 10.2.6 computers until yesterday. Now some the 10.2.6 computers are doing the same. In my situation, I have to restart the computer to get FileMaker to re-open correctly. I have also tried it with FM 6 and still have the same problem. I hope this is fixed soon. (and not by having to buy FM 7, altho I want 7)

This topic is 7528 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.