modify script to trigger modification date.

This topic is 7573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

using fmk 4.1 on a mac in os 9. i have one field (a) in one module. have field (??? in another module. the module that has field (??? also has a modification field that auto enters date modified, EXCEPT when field (:( is triggered by field (a). the script is in layout that has field (???. the script is as follows:

If(IsEmpty(newitemISBNSKU::FileName), "", "Yes")

can i add something to this script so that when the field (a) adds a "Yes" to field (??? it updates modification date field in the same layout as field (???? what would i add?

Yes. Just make it the next step after the "If(IsEmpty...."

BTW, I was assuming that the modification field is in the file where the script is running, if it's in the related file then you should use this step instead:

Set Field [newitemISBNSKU::ModificationDate, Status(CurrentDate)]

• 2 weeks later...

i can't get either to work and update the modification date. the "script" was created when defining the field.

i also noticed when you change data in other related fields the modification date does not change. any ideas?

i did create a script that cuts the date created from one module and pastes it to the modification date but it has to be manually done. i would like to automate it. can i attach the script to a field so when it is "touched" it actives the cut and paste script?

This topic is 7573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.