multiple find script

This topic is 8487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just can't seem to get it to work. Maybe somebody can put me on the right track. There are 12 text fields in each record in which specific text may be lurking and is required to be found and dealt with, with a subscript.(I want to delete it, hence the subscript (which does a few other little things while it is there)). I need to design a script that will require the input of a query once in a box and then bingo! press a button and it will find the data in one of the 12 fields and act upon it. Seems simple but having tried global fields, related fields, etc. etc., the correct script will not surface for me. (This is a relational db that is up and running, so I can't change it into portals or anything).Frustration is not a happy state. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by rex:

I just can't seem to get it to work. Maybe somebody can put me on the right track. There are 12 text fields in each record in which specific text may be lurking and is required to be found and dealt with, with a subscript.(I want to delete it, hence the subscript (which does a few other little things while it is there)). I need to design a script that will require the input of a query once in a box and then bingo! press a button and it will find the data in one of the 12 fields and act upon it. Seems simple but having tried global fields, related fields, etc. etc., the correct script will not surface for me. (This is a relational db that is up and running, so I can't change it into portals or anything).Frustration is not a happy state. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I have 10 fields I do a find for maybe this will help.

script:

freeze window

enter find mode (pause)

(enter your data in the first field

copy your data)

perform find

modify find

new record request

(goto next field paste)

perfom find

modify find

new record request

perform find

do this as many times as you need the freeze window keeps your screen from

going crazy and processer speed helps

Dean

What about a calc field that joins up all the text from thr twelve other fields: one search on the calc field will find the value in all the other fields.

This topic is 8487 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.