Reports with Portals?

chrisdortignac

This topic is 7415 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm a newbie and I'm not sure if I'm in the right topic.

I am working with a db for tracking all of the information associated with hymns. I have a Serial #, Title, Composer, Author, Copyright, ect...

What I want to do is create a report which will show me the following:

Author............ X,XX,XXX, (Associated serial#'s)

Composer.... X,X,X,XX, "

I am supposing these are in a portal, but I cannot get a portal to show them to me this way, only in a vertical list.

There are some cases where the Author and Composer are the same. In those cases, I only want one record to show. I Figured out how to do this, but I can't seem to figure out how to create a record, or better yet, just an entry on the report, that may or may not, have the same Serial#'s If Author notequal.gif Composer. I'd rather not have duplicate records of each song just for the sake of showing a proper report.

Currently, I got as far as getting FMP to show me the associated records, but it shows me the Author/Composer multiple times, (once for every record they are entered in), and I really only need their name once.

Is this confusing? If anyone knows what I'm asking, I would appreciate the help!

"it shows me the Author/Composer multiple times, (once for every record they are entered in), and I really only need their name once"

You need to create a summary report, using the "Author" field as the break field.

This topic is 7415 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.