Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to Resume Within ScriptMaker

This topic is 8452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a main script and layout containing buttons that call external scripts and layouts, and those scripts and layouts also have buttons that call additional external scripts and layouts. In summary, I have three levels of subscripts. The good news is that all of my data manipulations and layout navigation work as intended. The problem I'm having, however, concerns my use of a Pause/Resume script step in the "second level" subscripts. Once a user is finished with the third-level layout, I want to go directly back to the first-level layout. The problem is that on the "return trip," the user needs to press Filemaker's continue button on the layout, or the Enter key in order to un-pause the script. I'd like to avoid the need for that user action and go directly from the third level layout to the first level layout.

So, here's the question. Once I use the Pause/Resume script step, is the only way to resume the script by using a resume button on a layout, or the Enter key? Or is there a script step I can use to un-pause a script from within a script? I tried the Exit Script script step but no luck. Perhaps I need to rewrite and restructure my scripts in a way that avoids the Pause/Resume script step.

If someone can provide some general guidance, I think I can rewrite the scripts accordingly.

Thanks, Keith Silva

Not really sure if I'm understanding why you would need the Pause/Resume script step without requiring user input, but you could set the Pause/Resume step to "resume" after a specified period of time. Just click the "Specify" button on the Pause/Resume script step in Scriptmaker & set the time accordingly.

Not sure if that's the answer you were looking for, but...

Later ???-)

Hi:

I do use the Pause/Resume for user input and, consequently, it is set for an indefinite amount of time. Its just that by the time the user is finished, they are in another subscript and I'd like to avoid having them push a Resume button because it will be confusing -- like having to push an OK button twice to complete an action.

I think I need to rewrite my scripts so that the navigation through the layouts works without the Pause/Resume script step. I think I can do this, but I wanted some advice before I spend the time rewriting everything.

Thanks, Keith Silva

This topic is 8452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.