This topic is 7392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am wondering whether or not it is possible to tell my FMP database to give me some kind of an alert if a certain type of record is accessed. Specifics: I maintain a single-user database of alumni from the high school for which I work. Names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. At various times during a year, certain classes are planning reunions and during those times I am in close contact with the class rep organizing the function with address/phone/email updates for their classmates. But at the same time I am still maintaining and updating for the full database. Is there a way to tell my database to alert me when I access a record for a certain year of graduation? Obviously, year of graduation is one of my fields. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Well yes, probably, peg,but it depends a bit what you mean by 'accessed'.

If you simply mean going to *look* at a record, then perhaps the simplest solution would be to set up a global field in which you enter the year(s) that are currently relevant to a class rep, and then have a calculating container field that changes the background color for those records. The formula for this would be:

Case(PatternCount("

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.