Getting Text for Container Field

This topic is 7364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database with a container field with links to some photographs. I would like to be able to display the link to the file in a text format and was wondering if it is possible to do this with a calculation field. if anybody knows of a way of doing this then please help.

You can get this easily on a Mac using AppleScript. I believe you can get this on a PC using a plug-in, InsideScan.

If you have FM 6 you can import the file path when you import a folder of pictures.

In any case, the file must still be in the same place it was. None of the above can fix a broken image link once you move the original (other than manually going and finding it again).

The only way that I know to ensure being able to find a missing picture file is to create an alias file to it when you import (Mac), and keep that in a folder (I used to be able to store the actual alias in FM in 9, but not in X).

What are your particulars, operating system, what you're trying to do, what problem exactly are you trying to solve?

This topic is 7364 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.