XML and Quickbooks

Jalz

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

Please excuse me if another message like this is posted in this forum. I wrote a message out like this before however Im not sure why the message isn't displayed on the board, it could be because the servers playing up or I hit the cancel button instead of continue.

Anyway, Im trying to learn XML and what better way to link our invoices database which contains both Invoices and invlines (child records) into Quickbooks Pro 2003. I've used the Filebooks plugin which works great, however I'd like to learn how to natively program transactions into quickbooks.

Have any of you guys (DanBrill) got any startup hints or sample files, on how I should try and achieve my objective Filemkaer transactions---->Quickbooks. Ive downloaded the intuit SDK3 Kit, which includes the qbXML file, but Im not sure what else Im going to need, possibly an xslt file?

Any help from you guys out there would be much appreciated.

Kindest regards

Jalz

I frankly found it easier to go straight to xml even though i purchased a license for FileBooks Link. They have a good product and its necessary if you are going to rely on pre-FM6. I am sorry I don't have sample how to, but Dan really helped me. I use the Troi File plugin extensively with my solutions that are integrated with Quickbooks via xml.

Also, my solution depends on a little app Dan wrote and I licensed from him so I would not be able to distribute a working sample.

The queries are pretty simple to build in scripts. Even the output to QB is simple to build in scripts. Took me the longest to figure out the xsl to get the data back from QB and parse the error handling.

Hope this gives some startup tips.

Hi Rogermax,

Thanks for the reply, im currently using FileMaker Pro 6 on the PC. Over the weekend, I gave up on xml as I was desperate to link my filemaker datafile to quickbooks so I proceeded to produce a tab delimited file (iif) thats compatible with Quickbooks. I seem to have succeeded in getting the customer and supplier records exported and fomatted from Filemaker to Quickbooks, after following the open source example of FMP2QB.

Im probably going to use this method to bring invoices and PO

• Newbies

I am working on a new FM plug-in and FileMaker program to facilitate a similar scenario.

I am currently taking suggestions on how people would like to see existing filemaker data imported into QuickBooks.

I am also interested in know how people would like to associate QuickBooks data with existing FileMaker data.

The plug-in will utilize the Intuit SDK to communicate with QuickBooks.

Some of the areas I am currently investigating are FileMaker to QuickBooks field mapping and QuickBooks Record Identity to FileMaker Record Identity.

Any and all comments welcome.

www.digitalcows.com

This topic is 7336 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.