excluding fields in other layouts

This topic is 8399 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Im new to Filemaker but Im learning it very quickly but even after searching through help I am stumped. Im making a Baseball database with hitters and pitchers. I have 3 layouts 1. Menu with option to go to hitting or pitching 2. hitting stats 3. pitching stats.

My problem is is that I need to be able to exclude fields like homeruns and stolen bases from the pitching layout because that does not involve pitching. And vice versa with wins for batting stats. Im creating this for practice so I can learn FPro. Please help..if you need more info please ask. Bobby

Hi Bobby,

Sorry I don't understand. The only way I can see how you would not have control over the fields appearing in your layout is if you are using "duplicate layout" to create them.

If you use "New Layout" you get the chance to select the fields you want. If you select "Blank Layout" you get to drag and drop the fields you want.

If you have used "duplicate layout" to create your layout, to delete the fields you don't want just select the field in Layout mode and hit the "delete" key.

Cheers

Rob

This topic is 8399 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.