Server Maintenance This Week. ×

empty scripts

dragonfly

This topic is 7358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am on a Powerbook with OSX and FM6. We recently upgraded all computers in our office to OSX and FM6. I am remotely connected to our files on our Xserver at our office. I have been able to work on all aspects of the files remotely with no problem. I attempted to create a script by performing all the functions and creating the intended report. When I go to Scriptmaker to name and save the script, the function window is blank and there are no steps listed to be saved. What am I doing wrong?

All scripts created before we upgraded are working properly. It's just any new script that I've attempted to save is coming up blank,

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi, dragonfly! Hmm.. I am on a Powerbook with OS X 10.2.8 and FM6 and just connected remotely to a database at work. I went to ScriptMaker, typed in a name for a new script, pressed CREATE, and chose a few items (go to layout, go to browse mode, etc.) and then hit OK and was done. Went back to ScriptMaker and it was still there and looked fine. Could it be your security stopping you from creating scripts? Maybe double-check the priveleges when you get back to the office? Just a guess... Hmm.. I wonder what would happen if you tried to duplicate and/or edit an existing script? If you can afford to experiment, maybe give it a try and see what happens.

--ST

• Newbies

In the past to create a script, I went through the process of all the finds, sorts, etc and when I was pleased with the outcome, I went to "Scriptmaker" and named a new script, created it and I was done.

When I tried this process with FM6, that is when it came up blank. Do you know if FM6 discontinued this way of scripting?

If I do copy an existing script, how do I change the find criteria?

Thanks, Dragonfly

Dragonfly:

To change the find criteria on an existing script, first do the find and sort manually, then go to ScriptMaker, select the script & duplicate it. Open the duplicate, and when you close the script window, select "Replace" on your find and/or sort in order to use the new criteria.

-Stanley

• Newbies

Replacing worked great....Thanks for the info. As to my first question: Can you create a script from scratch by just performing the finds, sorts, etc and then going to scripmaker and naming it?

Again thanks for the info...it saved a lot of time and aggravation.

Dragonfly:

I'm wondering if you're confusing ScriptMaker with AppleScript's Script Editor, which allows you to record your actions, then name the script after the recording process has ended. To my knowledge, ScriptMaker has never had this capability.

-Stanley

Hi Dragonfly,

I think you are referring to the ability of performing a sort or find etc then creating a script to perform this sort or whatever in the future. If you are then yes, this is possible in FM 6.0

Perform the sort

So to scriptmaker and create a new script

And the sort script step (perform without dialog)

And your done!

Next time you run this script it will perform the sort that you did manually before creating the script.

Hope this helps and that it is in fact what you were asking about!

Ed

I know, I know...

Older versions of FMP put a set of default steps into new scripts (Sort, Page Setup etc). Newer versions do not, because most advanced users deleted the default steps anyway and started with a clean slate.

In FMP 6 you'll need to scroll down the list on the left hand side and add the steps by hand.

This topic is 7358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.