Static Record numbers after a find

This topic is 7353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello All! I have a simple question.

I'm working on a simple database to track defects. No more than 35 records.

When i attempt to do a find I get the correct amount of records found but the record numbers are re-ordered.

(if records 5,10 and 20 are the desired results, after the find they will be numbered as 1,2,3 the content is fine but the record numbers are off)

How can i get the original static record numbers to appear after a find?

Forsaken360:

The number you are seeing is the CurrentRecordNumber. You want the CurrentRecordID. Set a field to a calculation, then choose Status(CurrentRecordID), and set the calculation result to be a number. Put it on your layout and voila, there it is.

Status(CurrentRecordID) will give you the real number (in the order sorted, I think)

Status(CurrentRecordNumber) will give you the number within the found set

-Stanley

No problem. It's one of those things that you don't know about until you find it, but once you've found it you'll never forget, because there are so many uses... look at all the Status() functions - there's tons of handy stuff in there.

-Stanley

Be careful using Status(CurrentRecordID). While the record ID will never change as long as the record remains in the current file, it is possible to have gaps in the numbering. If you delete a record, its ID will not be re-used, so there will be a gap. Also, if you import records, those record ID's may have a big gap between them and the other records.

This topic is 7353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.