True Vector Images In Filemaker?

This topic is 7356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Im trying to find a way to import true vector images from illustrator to filemaker. Is there a way on PC from Adobe illustrator? Everytime I reduce or enlarge a image it gets pretty distorted even with Maintained proportions checked.

Is it an EPS image? FMP does not handle EPS images very elegantly... in fact very few programs do, probably due to the fact that the file contains a separate bitmapped preview image "encapsulated" into the postscript file.

How it displays in browse mode, and how it prints may be two different things. Have you tried printing the resized image?

I dont use many graphics when printing.. Only graphics I use is for database design. my problem is making icons (which I made at 60 x 60).. When I scale them down to around half its size sometimes you cant tell what the heck it a icon of.

Filemaker uses PICT format graphics as its native format. These can be either vector or bitmap. This format originated on the Macintosh, so most Windows software doesn't support it, but you may be able to export from Adobe to PICT. Or, you may be able to find some other graphics conversion software that can do this.

FMPro absolutely hates EPS images. I ran into the same problem when trying to get my image db off the ground. I exported my Illustrator files to a TIF format and it works fine now. I've also had luck saving the images in a strictly Photoshop format. The only problem you are going to have is the db running slower.

Hope this helps!

It's really a case of using the right tool for the job, and FileMaker isn't the right tool for resizing graphics.

Your best bet is to do all your resizing, etc, in your image-editing application, then put the images into FileMaker as something FileMaker likes, such as jpeg format. If you don't resize the images at all, they should look fine.

-Stanley

This topic is 7356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.