Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Fixed Page Margins

fuling

This topic is 7376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have to printo onto a complex form with many fields. I have scanned the form and put the fields over the appropriate places, and it prints well on my printer (a simple Epson Stylus 740). Problem is, I need to be able to print the same form on many many many different printers--laser and deskjet, Mac or PC. I have gone to Layout Setup and set fixed page margins to make it work on my printer, but the bigger question is: by setting fixed page margins, will the form print with those exact margins no matter what printer I choose? I've only been able to test a few printers thus far.

I was thinking of setting up some way where users could move the layout slightly to the left, right, up or down as necessary to print, but can't seem to figure that out, as there are no Script commands for setting page margins. I don't want to have to create 20 different layouts, each with a tiny variation in where the form sits. Any ideas, or will setting page margins in Layout Setup work the same on all printers?

This topic is 7376 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.