Server Maintenance This Week. ×

centered info in layou

crazybake

This topic is 7349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Since I can't find a way to "enter layout mode" from a script, what would be a good way to center data based on the following:

I have a letter layout which has a date field, a composite name and address calcluation field, and a dearline field along with a field called gLetterText. The gLetterText field allows the user to enter text for the letter to be sent, the other fields I have as <<date>>, <<cCompAddress>>, <<DearLine>>. I have grouped this with the cLetterText field so that they move as a unit.

However, what would be a way in which all of this data could move vertically based on the text in the letter so it was centered on the page?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Crazybake:

Not sure if I follow you. You want everything centered? Or do you mean you want everything centered vertically? Centering (left to right) is pretty simple. Centering vertically is another beast entirely. Which is it? Also, is there a signature line?

-Stanley

Yes, the beast!!

I need to have it centered vertically as a unit. There currently is a signature line and there may even be .ps lines. I want to have the option so that no matter what info is there, the combination of the fileds would center vertically.

Crazybake:

And there you have it. Bob has cut the beast down to size with the simplest of strokes.

-Stanley

This topic is 7349 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.