Embedding external tables into single file model

This topic is 7372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is there any way of embedding external tables into a new FMP7 style 'single file, multiple tables' database?

I've checked out the docs for FMP7 and FMP7 (Developer) and neither appear to offer this facility as far as I can see, yet it seems like a really useful / critical feature for upgrading old databases.

Am I missing something?

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Stuart -

If you mean importing your existing databases into a new 7 version table with all fields, scripts and relationships, this is not currently available.

However, on P26 of the tech overview PDF of 7 available from FileMaker this is going to be available in the future.

Well, not available just yet, but soon

The initial Windows release will be available by March 16. An updated version will be available within a month thereafter which will not require FileMaker Developer, and which will provide a FileMaker Pro interface for organizing and manipulating your field definitions before propagating them. A Macintosh version is also planned.

Now, it talks about fields, but no mention of scripts or relationships.

.com Solutions, Inc. makes a product called FmPro Migrator. I spoke to him this morning and he is working on an OS X version. His tools convertes databases between many different databases including FileMaker to FileMaker 7. It will also be able to convert Access to FileMaker 7. Should be ready in a week or two. I think if we keep our ears to the ground we might be able to find several tools out there.

Version: Developer v7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

This topic is 7372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.