Got my copy of Developer 7!

This topic is 7250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone seen or messed with the custom functions available in FileMaker Developer 7? Apparently, you make functions and you can use and resuse them throughout your database, sort of like nested scripts within scripts, only better. I have no idea how to use them yet, but I can't wait to learn. This feature alone justifies the purchase of Developer 7, since it's not in FileMaker 7. The best part...once you make a custom function, it stays with the file and is available (but not editable) from FileMaker 7! Sweet.

Other than this, I don't notice any major changes in the Developer version. Still, FileMaker 7 is big enough to tide me over!

Jeff

Version: Developer v7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One question about Developer 7 and custom functions-

We have several solutions and "developers" here at work. I am wondering, if my colleague gets FM7Dev, can I have him open one of my files and create some custom functions for me, that I can use later by reopening the file in FM7? grin.gif

Thanks!

Yes, you will be able to see the functions as if they were built-in in your calculation dialog when you're defining calc fields or editing calculations in scriptmaker.

You only need Dev7 if you want to see how the custom function itself works, or make a change to it.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.