Avery printing labels

Alpin

This topic is 7185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I always create my own, even in Word.

My experience is that printers vary so much (reality: they have crappy drivers that inaccurately measure margins, etc.) that predefined labels don't often print correctly. So it's easier to just make them myself.

• Newbies

Hi, I am new here as well so I am not sure I understand your question correctly! I use FMP5 and that certainly has all the Avery labels in the menu, and they have never failed to print correctly (Epson, Canon), which is more than I can say for home-made label layouts!

Useful tip (but you probably know it already): KEEP the list of Avery label sizes from the box next time you buy one. When you then, as we all do from time to time, buy cheaper labels from somewhere, all you have to do is look up the size of the corresponding Avery label, and VIOLA! laugh.gif

Version: v5.x

Platform: Mac OS 9

Klaus->

For years I used FileMaker's built-in labels and they worked perfectly on an Apple LaserWriter and a HP LaserJet. Then that workplace got an Epson and the labels printed wrong (margins were off).

I should have said: I always create my own starting from FileMaker's built-in and modifying it to suit the printer.

• 5 months later...

Is it possible that a printer's margins not supporting an avery layout would make reports print only one of the labels per sheet untill they where narrowed down to fit what ever the printer's acceptible margines would be?

I'm having some trouble printing from OSX in a bound solution to avery labels in that in preview mode it shows all the records staked as they should, even if i save it out as a PDF, but if i try to print to a Epson or HP deskjet it only prints one record, but if i use the laser printer it was working.

I have tried recreating the layout with the same results.

This topic is 7185 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.