Repeating Field Reformat

This topic is 7341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have what I think is a repeating field. I set a field to a valuelist formatted with checkboxes. The user can select one, many, or none. When the user selects more than one, the field is populated like this:

Value_1

Value_2

Value_5

It has a newline/paragraph entry after each line. The reason I'm explaining this is because I'm not sure if it's a repeating field or not. If I should be calling it sometime different, please feel free to correct me.

Anyway, the problem that I'm having is I want to display these values in a portal, and would like the fields in the following format:

Value_1, Value_2, Value_5

I'm assuming I can do a calculation field of some sort to replace each instance of the paragraph/new line character with a ", " but my calculation field skills are quite laking. Any help would be appreciated! smile.gif

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 2000

This is not a repeating field, it is a field with multiple lines. Fields with multiple lines (data separated by paragraph marks) can be used to create multiple key relationships in FM6 and earlier. The obvious uses include help text, mailing labels, etc.

A field is made repeating when you create/change it in Define Fields. Each repetition holds separate content.

This topic is 7341 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.