Finding recurring records on a daily basis

This topic is 7331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of help on what is probably a simple problem-nothing in my FM Bible so here goes...

The attached file is a set of example records-we update the file on a daily basis.We are looking for trends off recurring records-this will help us to spot our most troublesome technical areas.So we want to see , in the order of Region/UBR/cable, if the same combination appears for more than one day at a time.So if Aztec UBRO9 cable5/0 appeared on 3 days out of 10, we want to know about it so we can action on it.I deally we'd like to graph it but I guess that Export to Excel will be the easiest way for this part

I'm guessing that scripts will be involved which I have a grip on the basics of-really I'm looking for ideas on the best way to approach it. I'd appreciate some input

Sandy

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 2000

snrfind.zip

I looked at your data. I added 2 fields, a calculated text field = Region & " " & UBR & " " & cable, and a summary field = Count of the calcultaion field.

I made a columnar layout displaying all your fields. I added a trailing sub-summary part sort by the calculation field. In the sum-summary I put the 2 new fields.

Find records for the last 10 days, sort and go to preview mode to get the information you want.

Hi all,

THanks to Ralph I've got my database up and running-I've experimented a bit with subtotals and Grand Totals-is there a way then you can do a Find on the Top 10 (could be any number) subtotals? So I have a 100 indivdual subtotals but I want to see those with the highest amount of grouped entries?

Sandy

This topic is 7331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.