Percentage Help

This topic is 7342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm sure this is simple but it's driving me nuts. I have 2 fields, <Loan Amount> and the <Percentage Result Field> I want to take the <Loan Amount> and get "%" (.004%) to display in the <Percentage Result Field>

Calculation: Percentage Result = Loan Amount * .004

The problem is, if my loan amount is $241,587 it displays the result as $966.348 and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the extra 8 at the end of the decimal, and it seems to be rounding off, another thing I can't get rid of.

Any help is much appreciated.

--

Matt

Version: Developer v6

Platform: Windows XP

Hello Matt,

You've said what you *don't* want to see (ie $966.348), but you haven't really told us what you want to see instead.

However, if the issue is that you want the result of your Percentage result calculation to display to two decimal places, either of the following may suit:

Round(Loan Amount * .004, 2)

Truncate(Loan Amount * .004, 2)

or, if you want the result in whole dollars, you might prefer:

Int(Loan Amount * .004)

If none of the above suits, perhaps you could be more explicit about the outcome you're looking for... smirk.gif

Truncate(Loan Amount * .004, 2) That was it! Thank you so much, that was driving me crazy. All I wanted to see was "$966.34" and it was displaying "$966.348" It's always something simple lol, Again thank you for taking the time to help out CobaltSky.

--

Matt

Version: Developer v6

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.