XSL newbie question?

Mariusz

This topic is 7367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am unable to generate a html output using a stylesheet with the following request .../fmpro?-db=XML&-lay=web&-format=-dso_xml&-styletype=text/xsl&-stylehref=new.xsl&-findall.

However, using the export as XML option in FMP with the same stylesheet, generates the correct output.

Please guide me.

Mariusz

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Jaguar

It is probably that Mac Browsers in general don't have great support for rendering XML. They just show you the code in source view.

But I wouldn't bother with them. Download this free program, TestXSLT:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/9892&mode=feedback

The guy is a genius. Not only can it transform XML with XSL, it can render it using the Safari web core, as a web page.

If you have BBEdit you can tie into your open XML and XSL documents, updating as you edit. Which is good, 'cause TestXSLT is a transformation tool, not a XML editor. It has no color syntax support.

Oops, I forgot that you're trying to render from Web Companion. My suggestion would only work if you wanted to test your XSL stylesheet, using an exported XML file from FileMaker. I don't know whether an OS X browser can render from WC. Maybe Mozilla? Anyone know the answer to this obvious question?

(I used to be able to do this with I.E. in OS 9. But only really simple XSL, no real template support. But in OS X, on a stand-alone computer, even simple XSL will crash. Probably works if you have server, but how do you test?)

This topic is 7367 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.