Relations ships and value list

This topic is 7254 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am very confused with the new relationships graph. I think I am making this harder than it is. You no longer name the relationship, you name the table occurance. Problem is this is only half of the relationship I am confused about which table accurance go's on the left vs right side. I think they made this more confusing just to have cute looking graph's

The most confusing is setting up value list using values from a field sorted by a relationship. In the specify fields dialog box there is a pop menu at the top left which displays table occurances. (I expect to see a list of tables here). further down there is a pop up menu for table occurances. Do I have to create two table occurance to create one list. When I put the same table occurance in both place it does not work.

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

I think I finally have this straight in my head. I have noticed the pop up list do not behave as before, When you have a long list you can type the first couple of letters and the list jumps to the name, This feature semas to be gone in 7. Yes I am sorting by the second field (name) not the first field (account no)

I have heard that the sort by the second related field is broken. I don't think the feature is "gone," I think it's just a bug. I remember it was broken at first when it came out in v.5, but then it got fixed. Hopefully this will happen with 7.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7254 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.