Next To Last Record Calculation

This topic is 7334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi guys... I'm a cold fusion programmer and am trying to adjust to the way filemaker does stuff. I'm trying to set the value of a field, using a calculation. I've successfully grabbed a timestamp value from the first and last records of a table by using the Min(FieldName) and Max(FieldName) and making the result a "timestamp". Is there a way to get the timestamp info I need from the next to last "max" record? in otherwords the max record minus 1? If I write the calculation as (Max(FieldName)-1), I get the timestamp minus 1 second. I need to get the actual value of the timestamp of this next to last record.

I know i can probaly do it with scripting, but I would prefer to keep it as a synamic calculation.

Thanks.

Phil Hayes

Version: v7.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

"Is there a way to get the timestamp info I need from the next to last "max" record?"

Only if that value is stored in a field somewhere. I can think of no way to get it via a calculation -- unless the previous value is predictable knowing the last value, which I doubt otherwise you wouldn't be asking. ;-)

This topic is 7334 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.